2023 Registration Information
WOOD DALE PARK DISTRICT IN-PERSON REGISTRATION
- Registration begins on Monday, April 10, and must be done in-person at the Wood Dale Park District (WDPD) Recreation Complex. Click here for map and directions. Some registration documents may completed prior to registration, but must be submitted in-person. (See documents below or to the right)
- A Sharks information booth will be available at the Recreation Complex on Wednesday, April 12, from 6 - 8pm, and on Saturday, April 15, from 11am - 1pm. Sample swim suit sizes for swimmers to try on will only be available at this time.
- In order to receive Shark swimsuit, gear & apparel purchases in time for the season, it is important to register as soon as possible. All swimmers who register by May 6 will receive a free Sharks team swim cap (over $20 value). Sharks swimsuit and apparel webstores will close at a similar date.
- First-year swimmers are required to present a copy of their birth certificate. The WDPD front desk staff will make a copy to keep on file for subsequent seasons.
- Practices begin at the start of Trial Week, on Tuesday night, May 30 and our first meet is Wednesday, June 7th.
- Late registration may be possible, but is not guaranteed.
- More information & WDPD hours may be found at www.wdparks.org
- Refunds will not be given after June 5, regardless of registration date.
The Wood Dale - Addison Sharks Parent Club is an integral part of the Sharks Swim Team. The Parent Club FUNd fee helps to support the Parent Club to in providing team promotion, equipment, awards, food, activities, and other “perks” for the swimmers. This year the FUNd fee is $50 cash or check, made payable to the Parent Club. The Parent Club Volunteer Deposit is intended to ensure that all Sharks families participate in volunteering for the numerous roles required to facilitate each swim meet, both home and away. The deposit is 100% refundable if the modest volunteer requirements are met by the end of the season. For 2023, the Refundable Volunteer Deposit is a $70 check, made payable to the Parent Club.
More information and documents may be found below or to the right
What is the cost of participating in the Swim Team?
Required fees and deposits for the 2023 swim season are as follows:
- $180 per swimmer Program Fee to WDPD (reduced from $199 in 2022) A free season pass for the Wood Dale Beach Waterpark is included ($59 value)
- $50 per family FUNd fee to the Parent Club (for activities, equipment, awards...)
- $70 per family REFUNDABLE Volunteer Deposit to the Parent Club
Total upfront payments - 1 swimmer: $300, OF WHICH $70 IS REFUNDABLE
Total upfront payments -2 swimmers: $480, OF WHICH $70 IS REFUNDABLE
Team swimsuits & gear
23 Aquatics is the official supplier of Sharks team swimsuits and gear for 2023! All swimmers are asked to wear Sharks team uniforms during meets. The primary uniform is dark blue with royal blue and green highlights on the sides (team colors). There are also solid black alternative suits available that offer different styles and price points. All suits will feature the Sharks logo. A Sharks webstore will be available soon, but purchases may also be done in person at the store itself. Map and directions may be found here. Purchasing in person is recommended if you don't know the correct swim suit size, and were unable to take advantage of the suit sizing events on April 12 & 15 at the park district. So that orders will be received by the first meet, they must be placed by May 6th. Links to the webstore can be found here and elsewhere on this site soon; and will also be available at registration.
The same as last season, a Sharks webstore for apparel will be open soon. Various sweatshirts, t-shirts and sweatpants will be available. Links will be available here and elsewhere on this site soon, as well as at registration. The store will close in early May, so don't delay!